Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Transglobal Burning Man Thoughts


This entry has nothing to do with Spain... aside from that I'm in Spain, and probably many others who have heard about or been to the annual Burning Man festival in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada. This is the second day of the festival, and I just want all of my friends there to know that I'm thinking of you!!!

I'm sure that most of you have heard me talk ad nauseam about the amazing sense of community, art and expression that occurs when 35,000 people converge in the vast emptiness of the desert and create this temporary community each year. Below are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of the environment. At the Burning Man site, there are amazing archives of pictures from previous years and more information about what goes into making the festival tick. This year, they also have daily internet television reports if you want to see what's going on right now. If you haven't already, you can also see my pictures from 2004 here and 2005 here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home