Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Running of the Bulls

I'm just writing a short entry here because I'm removing the link to the Running of the Bulls that occured during the San Fermin festival in Pamplona. The event happened a few weeks ago, and just afterward, an American friend of mine was like, "Oh, I heard someone got hurt this year." I was like, "Well, what the fuck did they expect? They're idiots for running in front of a bunch of wild bulls down the streets of Pamplona - it kind of serves them right."

As I was preparing to write this, I took a look at the official site, and it changed my mind A BIT. I guess it's like an adventure sport, like sky diving or bungee jumping, and your chances of being killed or seriously injured are pretty small. My friend Shaun decided to do it after much deliberation, and he said it was the hugest rush. I guess I'm all for that. The festival is a HUGE party in addition to the bull running, so I can see why people would want to attend.

Note: You don't have to run with the bulls to party in Pamplona during the San Fermin festival. The best of both worlds - life and a party :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home