Thursday, May 25, 2006

Beware...

My very dear friend and fellow "American in Spain" will be returning to the U.S. for the summer. Watch out, America, the Jerry is about to land...

Because he has been so integral in my transition to Spanish culture, and because we've had sooo much fun together during my time here, I wanted to dedicate a blog entry to pics of some of the bizarre and interesting things we've seen and done together. (Don't get the wrong idea, it's strictly G rated... mmm, maybe PG.)

Ciudad Real

I have spent a fair amount of my time in Spain thus far in Ciudad Real. Below are some pics from our experiences there. Cidudad Real isn’t really known as a place to visit for the sights, so when two Nebraska boys get bored, they take pictures… and, er, get facials, I guess.

The Complex - AKA Jerry´s Place on Campus in C.R.


Inside The Complex - With Roommate Steph :)


Jerry Snaps and Tries to Kill Blow Up Kangaroo


Jerry’s good friend (and now mine, too), Maria, was kind enough to let me stay at her place while in C.R. Here are a few pics we took while hanging out at her house.

Maria :)


Jerry with Tumbleweed That Followed Us Home


Blue Jeff with Blue City Sky on Maria's Deck


Umm... Whips & Chains Removed To Protect the Innocent


Jerry with Cool Crystalline Backdrop


Silhouette of Jeff with Almodovar Flick


So, Maria was able to hook us up with this beauty school where you can get facials for 10 EU! The only thing is, they’re not too used to having guys as clients. I felt like the animal of the day at the petting zoo when we entered the room full of giggling girls chattering in Spanish. THEN, they made us strip and put on these cute plastic skirts.

Jeff in Plastic Facial Getup – Cute, Huh?


Jerry Caught in the Act at Beauty School


Jerry’s aesthetician really seemed to like giving him the face and neck (and shoulder and chest) massage. For 10 minutes after my treatment had ended, I had to watch her caress him ever so gently. Just when I thought I would d-i-e DIE of boredom, she finally finished, whew!

Madrid

Jerry has also been able to hop up to the metropolis here on a few occasions. Of course, we always had to go out and explore the town. When we weren´t catching trains and planes or having the crisis of the moment, that is...

Jerry Supporting my Mountain of Luggage the Night of My First Arrival


Racy Poster for Club Night in Madrid


Strange Graffiti-esque Wall Painting in Chueca


At the Airport Right Before I Hopped the Plane to Turkey


One constant in my time with Jerry (or one could say of my entire time in Spain) has been the search for quick and cheap internet access. Zahara has several restaurants and internet places on Gran Via in Madrid, and it has become one of the staples of my existence, and also a frequent drop-by when Jerry is visiting Madrid. One night, Jerry was inside trying to figure something out with his cell phone and I was outside on the other side of these huge glass doors. It was then that I discovered the parallel universe...

Glimpse into Parallel Universe at Zahara – Jeff


Glimpse into Parallel Universe at Zahara – Jerry


One night, Jerry and I were walking up Gran Via (again, I know), and we were overtaken by a group of freaks accompanied by a very drunk Superman. I personally had a soft spot for the guy with the women’s underwear on the outside of his jeans... that’s a hot look for Spring 2006, bud. These cell phone pics are pretty bad, but you get the idea.

Superman with Crowd of Random Freaks – Gran Via


Superman Humping Fellow Freak


Superman, Weak from Humping Episode, in Arms of Freak


Later that night, we ended up at Black & White hustler bar in Chueca. THANK YOU to my "American in America" cohort Paul for doing the exploratory visit and unearthing this goldmine. Never have I seen so many beautiful boys for sale in the window :) I, of course only window shop, but man, definitely tempting. Anyway... here's a video of the cool mirrored ceiling (with two geeks staring down at the camera, hehe), and here are Jerry and I getting down on the dance floor.

Jerry came to Madrid for one night before catching his flight back to the U.S. We were able to squeeze in a couple of more cell phone pics. What the heck did we do without those little buggers?

Layers of Jeff Near Jerry's Hostel


SEX While Waiting for the Metro, Ha Ha


Freaks at the Airport in Madrid


THANK YOU to Jerry for hooking me up and making my transition here as smooth as possible. GOOD LUCK in America, it´s a dangerous place. COME BACK soon, y´hear?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matty G said...

Good LORD - NOW I know who Jerry is! I can't say I know him - but we are acquaintances, at the very least. How great to see a familiar face from the (not SO distant) past!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home